Sunday, April 17, 2011

Art For Japan Fundraiser - Boston



I am organizing this art fundraiser and it's gradually picking up speed... I am totally amazed by all the artists who are contributing some artwork, the quality of their work, and their generosity.  We're over 40 artists so far, and I expect we'll reach 50 in no time.. Proceeds of the sales will go to various relief organizations who do work in Japan.

Please join us on Facebook here and feel free to pass the word. I'm trying to post images of the artwork as they become available, so check back often. If I knew how to put the Facebook "Like" button here, I would...but somehow my brain is not getting it... So will you please go there and "like" us?

And of course, if you are around, please come to the event on

Friday May 6, 2011
6-9 pm

Gallery 535
535 Albany Street
Boston, South End

I'm in the process of researching the best aid organizations to contribute to and welcome any input. I know a lot of you out there are involved one way or another. 

Stay tuned for more info as we get closer to the event and please support aid to Japan in any way you can.
I'll also do another post very shortly about some fun ways to help that I found here and there.

Have a great week.

1 comment:

  1. How wonderful of you to do this! I so wish I could be there to see all of the wonderful work in person! We've donated through Mercy Corps in the past. All money raised is given directly by their own team providing direct aid. http://www.mercycorps.org/japanearthquake

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...